WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't delete section break (next page)

Hi Bobbi! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble deleting a section break in Word 2003. Here are some steps you can try to remove it:
  1. First, make sure you're in Print Layout view. You can switch to this view by clicking on the "View" menu and selecting "Print Layout."
  2. Next, turn on the display of non-printing characters. You can do this by clicking on the "Tools" menu, selecting "Options," clicking on the "View" tab, and then checking the box next to "All" under "Formatting marks."
  3. Look for the section break you want to delete. It will appear as a double dotted line with the words "Section Break (Next Page)" in the middle.
  4. Place your cursor just before the section break and press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. If the section break doesn't delete, try pressing the "Backspace" key instead.
  5. If the section break still won't delete, try selecting the entire section before and after the break by clicking and dragging your mouse over the text. Then, press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
  6. If none of these steps work, it's possible that the section break is part of a larger formatting issue in your document. In this case, you may need to manually adjust the formatting to remove the break. You can do this by selecting the text before and after the break, clicking on the "Format" menu, selecting "Paragraph," and then adjusting the "Page break before" setting.

I hope these steps help you delete the section break you're having trouble with. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!