Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Problems with Equation editor

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

"Michael Moser" wrote in message
Well - lucky you then!

I am able to create and edit an equation field in a newly created, empty
document, but not in the one, I am currently working on.
A I said - I never managed to work on a file over a longer period and
have it NOT corrupted. Not that I am doing strange things to it, but
occasionally word simply crashes (e.g. when moving images around or
editing formulas) and I guess, that then leaves me with recovered and -
presumably - corrupted files. Are there any tools to "decorrupt" a file?
Because, clearly, starting over is NOT an option!

Michael

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
FWIW, in 14 years of using (almost) every version of Word since Word
2.0, I
have *never* had a corrupted Normal.dot. I think I did have a
corrupted Data
key *once* (another time that I thought that was the problem, it
turned out
that the problem was actually caused by an add-in). And the only
corrupted
documents I've ever seen were once I got from others (usually
converted from
WordPerfect).