Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default In Tables, how can I change a default setting?

FWIW, I find that in a new Blank Document based on default Normal.dotm, the
Styles panel *does* show all the table styles (though I'd really prefer it
didn't). I've used Manage Styles to change this in other templates, but I
try to keep Normal as pristine as possible so I know what "default" is.

"LongtimeUser" wrote in message
Word 2007 trickier - the Styles panel doesn't show table styles (in mine,
at
least), and I have not found any option to turn them on. There is another
way:
- At bottom of Styles panel, click "Manage Styles" button (small picture)
- Make sure "Show recommended styles only" is turned off (want to see all
styles)
- Find & select your table style in "Select a style to edit" box
- Below box, click "Modify..." button
From there, similar to Word 2003, as written by Challa Prabhu.

"StephenA" wrote:

Challa Prabhu,

Thank you for your time and response. Your answer looks to be
comprehensive
but I think that it refers to Word 2003 so I cannot check whether it
works as
I now have Word 2007. I will post again if I can adapt your response to
2007.