Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Problems with absolute positioning

This is the actual position of the text box or of the text in the box?

" wrote in message
I am trying to create a template document that will be used in a merge
operation. The merged data will be printed on a pre-printed form. To
get all data on exactly the right spot, I use absolute positioning.
However, absolute doesn't seem to be that absolute. When I enter 2.5
cm and option Page in the window Advanced Layout, the text box starts
at about 3.7 cm. A text box that is printed lower on the page (at 25.5
cm) starts at 25.9 cm. Thus, the difference between the distance
entered in the window Advanced Layout and the actual distance as
measured on a printed document is not constant. A constant offset
would have been acceptable, but this varying difference is a real
nuisance.

Can anyone explain this to me, and tell me what I should do to make
real absolute positioning possible?

Ewout