Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Quirk in W2003 grammar

I agree that the second and third are clearly wrong. I wouldn't use the
first, either, since I would avoid using "software" (clearly singular) with
a plural meaning.

http://word.mvps.org

"L. Mohan Arun" wrote in message
Copy/paste these sentences into Word 2003 with spelling check enabled
(US english)

These are software that are very easy to use these days

There are downloads that is awesome

There is download that are awesome

The "are" in the first sentence is getting flagged for grammar when it
looks right to me.
The other two sentences seem to be wrong grammar yet W2003 does not
flag them.

I have always noticed that the words "software" and "download" have
trouble with Word 2003 grammar when used with different combinations
with the words "is" or "are" (singular or plural trouble)

www.tinyurl.com/cheapwriting