Stefan Blom

Is table wrapping enabled? In some versions of Word, wrapped tables
are not allowed to span multiple pages.

To turn text wrapping off: On the Table menu, click Table Properties.
Click the Table tab. Under "Text Wrapping", click "None", and then
click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JCS Documentation" wrote in message
I work in Word 2003. I have a large document (300 pages) that is

entirely
layed out in tables. (I do not have any input about this format or I

would
change it away from tables ASAP.) Each section consists of a single

table
whose row breaks across pages. This works great in Word 2003.

However, when
the file is opened in Word 2002, the table doesn't span multiple

pages. It
shows only the first page of the table.

I have tried multiple solutions, including selecting the Word 2002

settings
(in Word 2003), locking the document,, and more. (Of course, in Word

2003 you
can't save the document for Word 2002 because the differences

between 2000,
2002, and 2003 aren't structurally substantial enough to warrent

this
option.) I have done quite a bit of research and cannot locate any

known
issues about this odd incompatibility between 2002 and 2003.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this issue and how to fix

it? I
have a feeling it is a tiny little change, but I am at a complete

loss.

thanks!