Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cheryl cheryl is offline

Default Image placement problems

Bob;

Thanks for your reply. I don't mean to sound argumentative but I do
tend to post as a last resort. I searched extensively but the
solutions suggested were ones I have already attempted (such as
"uncheck move object with text"), and sometimes it is very hard to
construct a search for some of the behavior--such as "extra space in
paragraph". So if the issue had been addressed, I'm not sure I would
have found it.

I'm convinced now if I wasn't already that Word is not a pagelayout
tool and I will be looking to use Adobe InDesign for future projects,
but unfortunately I don't have time or resources to move to that
platform for this project.

Again, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the reply and I will "look
harder" for previous messages on this topic.
regards,

On Aug 16, 2:07 pm, "CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote:
You might start he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrawingGraphics.htm

and consume as much as you have the stomach for

This is a subject that has been discussed repeatedly in the forums & I guess
some of the responders just get tired of rewriting replies to questions that
can be answered by a little search effort
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cheryl" wrote in message

ups.com...

Forgive me for posting this again but I don't ever seem to get a reply
to these issues and I would just like to know why. Please let me know
if I should be posting this question on another forum or if I should
be able to find the solution elsewhere. If there is just no known
solution, please state this.
Thanks

Image wrapping issues
1. Even when I uncheck the move object with text, the image often
seems to have a mind of its own and refuses to be placed where I want
it. The only way I have found to resolve this is to change the
layout to "In front of text", place the image where I want it, and
then change the layout back to Tight. Is there some setting I am
missing that enables one to place and keep images where I need them
be? This issue is becoming particularly problematic as images two
pages earlier seem to move when I change something on a completely
different page.

2. If there is a table anywhere close to the image, the image just
seems to "jump into" the table. This happens even though I unchecked
the "layout in table" setting. The only way I found to resolve this
was the same approach as above in 1--changing the layout to in front
of text

3. Sometimes the placement of an image causes extra space to appear
between lines in a paragraph. Most often this is resolved by
tweaking
the position of the image or size, but it often forces me to make
less--preferred changes to the placement or size of the image or
caption.- Hide quoted text -