Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Markus Ohlenroth Markus Ohlenroth is offline

Default combined paragraph and character styles in word 2007

word 2007 offers the feature of a combined character and paragraph style.
But how can I actually use it?

I mark a few characters within a paragraph (which has been formatted with
Style "A") and select a combined paragraph and character style - called "B".
I expect the marked characters to be formatted according to
character-settings in style "B"

Instead the complete paragraph gets formatted according to style "B" and not
only the marked characters.

I fail to understand what the use of these combined styles is.
Can somebody help me?

PS. I am not sure if my terminology is correct as I work with the German
version of Office.

thanks
Markus