Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Add section break before every Heading 1

You can actually use a section break as the replacement text if you (a)
select and copy a section break formatted as desired (that is, Next Page,
Odd Page, etc.), and (b) use ^c (Clipboard contents) in the "Replace with"
box.

"John in Saratoga" wrote in
message ...
In order to force footnotes to begin renumbering, I want to automatically

put
a section break before every heading with Heading 1 style.

A style can have a 'page break before' but not a 'section break before'. I
thought I could set 'page break before' and then do a find-and-replace,
replacing every page break with a section break. But that fails for two
reasons. You can't search on these automatic page breaks, and even if you
could, you can't put 'section break' in a replace field.

Anyone have an idea how to do this?