Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Bullet & Text combo

Good idea (with certain limitations that you have already mentioned). I
belive the workaround suggested by "vttotal" would be easier, though. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" u53619@uwe wrote in message
"Is there a way to create a bullet list style that uses a combination of a
bullet and text; e.g., a red arrow and the word "important?"

Actually...there is.

Make a graphic with a red arrow and the text IMPORTANT.

Save it.

Import it as the bullet picture.

Voila. The graphic IS the bullet, and the graphic has the red arrow and
"IMPORTANT".

You can make any graphic (image file) into a bullet.

Please note that you will undoubtedly have to fiddle a bit to determine
the
pixel size to use. That will take some testing....AND...what actually is
there will be affected by the current printer driver. In other words, it
may
NOT look the same on another machine.

Stefan Blom wrote:
In Word 2007, you can add text before or after a number or bullet
character,
but (as far as I can tell) not if you are using a picture bullet.

Is there a way to create a bullet list style that uses a combination of
bullet and text; e.g., a red arrow and the word "important?"

I have a client that wants several styles like this in a new template.