Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BAW

Default Data Trucated in word merge with excel source

Thanks for trying so hard to help. I think my problem may also be linked to
the fact that I am using a fairly large data source (19 megs). It may just
be a little quirky. I finally ended up with a work around.. I split the long
cells into two separate cells and then just included both within my mail
merge. It makes it harder to use the excel spreadsheet on a stand alone
basis, but at this point, at least I can accomplish my work...

Thanks again!!!

"BAW" wrote:

I have a word merge that pull data from an excel source into a table. One of
the cells in excel has data over 255 characters long. All of the data does
show up within excel, but when I perform the merge, the data is trucated at
255 characters within the word table. I have previously performed the same
merge with the same data (on another computer) and all of the data (over 255
characters) was transferred into the merge. Is there ANYTHING I can do to
ensure that all the data is transferred? I have previously posted a similar
message, but at the time, thought the data was under 255 characters. The
suggestion was to try using DDE- which didn't work, but when I got it to work
on another co-workers computer, I didn't pursue it further. Now as I am
trying to re run the querry, it won't work on any of the computers in the
office, so I am back to square one. By the way, the data is truncated in the
"select recipients" window... Thanks, in advance, for your help!