Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Default How do I set up multiple links to the same footnote?

The footnote "number" in the body of your menu is formatted as a superscript
letter. Try adding one genuine footnote "number" for each footnote and
faking the rest by using a superscript character (Format Font, check
Superscript).

"Timsy" wrote:

I am trying to create a food menu usng the same footnote for various dishes.
ie. V in body of text, vegetarian in footnote. However I keep ending up
creating a new footnote each time. When I deleted the extra ones, there is
now a huge space between footnote separator and footnote. When I try to
delete these unnecessary spaces, I get the message: This is not a valid
action for footnotes.

Can someone help?
Thanks