Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can I total data brought in from an external data source?

The brackets indicate fields - in this case your mergefields. If you are
assembling fields from the keyboard rather than inserting them, you create
each pair of brackets with CTRL+F9. Change the fieldnames to those in your
data file.

Nick Manley wrote:
Thank you, Doug! I'll give it a shot. Am I removing the { in your
formula, or are the mergefield fieldnames bracketed like that in the
formula?

Thanks,
Nick.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Use the following type of field construction

{ = { MERGFIELD Field1name } + { MERGEFIELD Field2Name } + ....... }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nick Manley" Nick wrote in
message ...
I have a document that includes merge data (in the form of dollar
amounts) in
fields which are in a table. I would like to total those dollar
amounts at the bottom of the table. I tried using the sum function,
but could not get the formula function to recognize the merge
fields.

Is this possible to do? And if so, how?

Thanks,
Nick.