Joddy23

I love you!!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Display the Web toolbar.

"Joddy23" wrote in message
Suzanne - I have a similar problem. If I insert a hyperlink in the middle

of
a page, then click the hyperlink, it takes me to my bookmark (or wherever)
assuming it is same document. Next I want to return to the SPOT where I
originally clicked the hyperlink. I used to have two simple arrows on my
OLDER version of Work (97). Now with 2003 I cannot find it.

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Commands tab, select the All Commands category and scroll down to
"GotoTableOfContents." Select it and drag it to any toolbar. This will

work
for most TOCs, though I have found it does *not* work if the TOC

contains
entries based on TC fields. It is user-specific, however; adding it to

your
toolbar will not make it available to users unless you are creating a
template and save the customization in that template.

In Word 2000, when you click on a hyperlinked TOC entry, the Web toolbar

is
automatically displayed, and the Back button will go back to the TOC.
Shift+F5 sometimes works (all versions), but both Back and Shift+F5

depend
on the TOC being the last previous location of the insertion point. The
advantage of the Go To TOC button is that it works at any time

regardless of
how much editing you may have down after clicking on the hyperlink.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"franklinbukoski" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for your response Suzanne. I added the button, I think, but

how
do
I make it do what I want it to do? Once I go to Tools, Customize, I

get
three tabs, Toolbars, Commands, and Options. What exactly do I do

from
here?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can add a Go To TOC button to the
toolbar
using Tools | Customize (All Commands).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"franklinbukoski" wrote

in
message ...
I have a table of contents with each category hyperlinked to its'
section.
Once I click on the hyperlink, how do I return to it, e.g. once I
click on
and I go to X section, I want to click on a button to return to

the
hyperlink
area (table of contents)