Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John John is offline

Default how do I stop unwanted entries to filter in mail merge?

When filtering my Excel DB for envelopes, I choose a column and put "is not
equal to" "0"; it works fine. Then I add an "and" 2nd option to look at a
different column for not equal to No. When I choose OK, I get more envelopes
than I had with only the one search argument. A return to filter shows that
a 3rd condition has been added, 2nd column is blank. Nothing I've tried will
get rid of the automatic entry.

What am I doing wrong?

Another problem I had with this MM is the address block; Word would not
match my 5+4 Zip code to their Postal code. I finally got rid of my +4 so I
could proceed. Ideas?