Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default how do I stop unwanted entries to filter in mail merge?

Set up a column in Excel with a formula that returns a specific value for
the combination that you want to filter on and then filter on that column.

Forget about using the AddressBlock and just insert the mergefields that you
want to use in the configuration that you want them.

Also , see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"John" wrote in message
When filtering my Excel DB for envelopes, I choose a column and put "is
not
equal to" "0"; it works fine. Then I add an "and" 2nd option to look at a
different column for not equal to No. When I choose OK, I get more
envelopes
than I had with only the one search argument. A return to filter shows
that
a 3rd condition has been added, 2nd column is blank. Nothing I've tried
will
get rid of the automatic entry.

What am I doing wrong?

Another problem I had with this MM is the address block; Word would not
match my 5+4 Zip code to their Postal code. I finally got rid of my +4 so
could proceed. Ideas?