Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DJElliott DJElliott is offline

Default office 2007 compatibility pack cannot read dotx

Let me get this straight, cause I am not getting this. MS Office 2007 File
Compatibility Pack cannot/does not work with DOTX files? By DESIGN?

This makes most newer MS Templates unuseable. Is this by DESIGN?

When I try to open a file, in MS Office 2003, I get a "this is a pre-release
version of the Compatibilty Pack" error message. It provides a link to a
current Compatibiltiy Pack. Problem is, the link is the file I downloaded--I
never had any flavor of MS Office Beta on my machine.

I cannot find an MS Office 2007 file viewer, either.

thanks
--
DJELLIOTT

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi JoAnn,

A lot of folks who use Word may not know, nor believe that they would or should need to know about the 'innards' of a program to use
it. That would include the version Same as folks who would have no reason to think that a file they create in Publisher can't
be opened for viewing unless the person they are sending the file to has also purchased Publisher.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message ...
With 2007 newly released, I still don't think anyone should send a docx file
to someone unless they KNOW that person also has 2007.

--

JoAnn Paules
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)