Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chirpy via OfficeKB.com

Default Displaying charts (graphs) formed from tables in Word

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi Chirpy,

Sorry if this is a very elementary question but I have tried everywhere for
a solution on "Help", and many books.

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Has anyone got the time to give me step by step, foolproof, instructions from
the start please? I would like to pass this exam!

My first reaction was: just press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code off. Then I
read on to the part about corruption, then went back and saw the term "icon",
and...

I think this is a problem with the configuration of the machine you're working

on. You shouldn't be getting an icon. A field code, possibly, but not an icon.

It might help if you give us the EXACT message Word is showing when you click
(or double-click? Please be very accurate in your problem description).

You should also tell us exactly which version of Word is involved.

To get us a step further, even with the outstanding questions: try starting Word
in SAFE MODE and see if that makes any difference.

Also try booting Windows in Safe Mode and see if that changes anything.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Dear Cindy,
Since sending my last reply 20 minutes ago I have been searching the online
help - I have only just had Broadband for a week! - and I think I have found
the solution. I had "picture place holder" checked. It seems to be OK now.
Thank you very much - and if you are ever in Pembrokeshire UK come and see
us.