Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Captions changing type without user intervention

If you press Alt+F9 to show the field codes, do you see two *different* SEQ
field identifiers? { SEQ Figure } and { SEQ Figure_ }?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to use two sets of caoption lables, one with an extra space,
differentiate between captions in the main document and captions in the
appendicies. I have use this method before very successfully. I have
tried
again after my computer was reimaged (it is now running Office 2003
(11.8134.3036)SP2) and now the numbering of both sets is changing to be
the
same as the last one I updated, in other words what I would like to have
is:
"Figure 1-1", "Figure 1-2"...., "Figure A-1", "Figure A-2" and this is
changing to
"Figure A-1", "Figure A-2"...., "Figure A-1", "Figure A-2" or
"Figure 1-1", "Figure 1-2"...., "Figure 0-1", "Figure 0-2".

I would greatly parreciate it if you could tell me how to fix this
problem.

Kind Regards
Jennifer