Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default How do I line up my table of contents? Eg:Title.............pg #

Use right tabs with dot leaders, same as the automated TOC does. (The
automation relates only to how the entries are gathered; it has nothing to
do with the formatting.) You can still use the built-in TOC styles.

BTW, dividing a document into parts doesn't prevent you using the TOC
automation, either.

"gradthesis" wrote in message
In Word, I am trying to line up the page numbers on the right while
maintaining the leader dots/periods between the header and the page
number.
It is never perfectly lined up! Automated TOC not an option as whole
document is separated saved as several parts.