Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Jones Andrea Jones is offline

Default Closing a Doc versus Closing the Program in Word 2007

I presume you're closing your document by clicking the close window cross in
the top right-hand corner. If you click on the Office Button and select
Close then it will leave Word open. You can add the Close/Close All icon to
the quick access toolbar to the right of the Office Button by clicking on the
small arrow to the right of that toolbar, when you click this icon it will
close the current document but leave Word open.

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk

"Della" wrote:

When I close out my last document in Word 2007 the program closes completely.
In the last version I had this did not happen. A blank document was left
open and if you wanted to exit, you had to close it too. I liked this
feature, as I often want to start another document rather than close the
program. Is there a way to tell Word 2007 to open a blank document rather
than close the program when I finish working with the only open document and
close it? (Jeez - this sounds more confusing when I write it down than when
I'm actually working with it!)