Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track Changes

Hi Connie,

It's a safety feature in Word 2003 to keep from sending out personal/business data unknowingly. Word 2003 will also flag you if you
are saving a document that has unincorporated changes still in the document to ask if you really want to do leave them in. If you
have not accepted the changes in a document where tracking was on then the 'view' setting for the changes applies only on your PC,
not to the person receiving the document.

"Connie Martin" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me the reason why: I e-mailed a Word file (using Word 2000)
to someone. When they opened it (using Word 2003) it opens with 'track
changes' showing, and the ability to turn it off (Tools/Track Changes) is
grayed out. This file was saved without 'track changes' showing and e-mailed
that way. Why does it convert to 'track changes' showing? Connie
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP