Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word Clipboard Toolbar Always Docks Itself

If you are using a dial-up service then you really need to access the NNTP
server directly. Some of the web portals are dreadful, as well as being
painfully slow. See http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm This forum is
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Owl1 wrote:
Apology and Disclaimer: I want to apologize for the multiple postings,
although not a one is my fault! Maybe it's my dial-up service, but
often when I try to post a reply, I get an error message from
Microsoft apologizing that the post could not be sent and to try
again. And so I did!! Not my fault, period.

Tony,

Thank you very (underline very) for being willing to thinking and
write about this. I do (underlined) appreciate it a lot.

To answer your questions: First, I haven't used other Office programs
since this problem with the Clipboard toolbar began happening, and I
hadn't thought to try it in other programs. I just tried it in Excel
2000, and exactly the same thing happens the The toolbar appears
docked and has to be dragged with the mouse to float.

Your next question, about the Clipboard toolbar being docked in every
Word document I open: Yes, your interpretation is right: Once I have
it floating in one document and then oopen another, it will be docked
in that document but is still floating in the first document.

I checked the registry as you instructed. There is no AcbControl in
the righthand pane next to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Co mmon\General

The last idea you had, to add a new userid to the computer: Sorry, I
don't know how to do this, and then wouldn't know how to remove that
user after the test. If you think it's worth your time explaining how
to do this, I'm glad to do it. I have Windows XP.

Intuitively it seemed like it would help to re-install Word 2000, and
what you said confirms this.

What you told me about Word 2003 is helpful. I've never used it, and
before I install it would like to understand how Word 2003 offers a
Clipboard. If, as you wrote, it's not possible to keep it visible all
the time, I wonder if it would be worthwhile to install Word 2003
(for me, that is). Is there any webpage that easily comes to mind
that shows what a Tast Pane will look like? (Please don't go to any
trouble to find one if you don't happen to have it on the tip of your
tongue!)

Yes, I do like PhotoDraw. It helped me to design a complex book cover
that I couldn't have done otherwise (PhotoShop Elements was the only
alternative I had).

Last, I don't know enough to know what "interacting with the Office
clipboard via VBA in Word 2000 by accessing the toolbar" means. If
(and only if!) you're not too tired by all this, I'd be interested in
knowing what this means.

I hope this posting will go through without multiple copies!
Microsoft needs to repair something, IMHO.

Thanks again!