Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dale Magnant Dale Magnant is offline

Default Problem with lower case umlauts.

Hello,

I am using Office 2003/SP2 with XP/SP2.

While using Word, I can use the Ctrl+Shift+:,letter method to generate
uppercase letters with an umlaut. However, I cannot use this method to
create lowercase letters with umlauts.

I've seen various instruction on what one should do to for lowercase
letters. Some say use Ctrl+:, letter. This persists in giving an uppercase
umlauted letter. I've tried this and seemingly every other conceivable
combination, and everything gives uppercase only.

Even if I go to Insert/Symbol and pick a lower case umlauted character from
the symbol chart and click insert, I still get an uppercase character.

Specifically I just want to be able to insert lowercase umlauted a,u, and o
without having to resort to the Alt + numeric code method.

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

--
Thank You,
Dale