Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Overselection in Word

To convert a field into ordinary text, select it and then use Ctrl+Shift+F9
or use a macro with the code

ActiveDocument.Fields.Unlink

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Judy" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 5:23 am, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Judy,

Find: ^p3 will only select:

30
if the '30' is in a field. Otherwise, it only selects:

3

--
Cheers
macropod

"Judy" wrote in
XP Prof. / Word 2000 SP3.

Find: ^p3
for text:
Line 1: ... fling her
Line 2: 30

Selection for found text extends from the paragraph mark at the end of
line 1 to the zero at the end of line2, instead of only including the
3.

Auto select entire word is clear.

How can I get the selection I need?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, macropod. Put me in the right direction. The numbers are
indeed in fields, through no choice of mine. Looked for a macro to
remove fields, but the one I found didn’t work. But when I pasted the
text into Notepad and back into Word the fields were gone and the Find
worked correctly.