Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HelpIsOnTheWay HelpIsOnTheWay is offline

Default "Do not check spelling or grammar" will not turn off

I'm using a corporate version of Word 2003, SP2. There are some fields
(Table of Contents and Page Numbers), but even when I strip them out, and I
select All, I can never get the "Do Not Check Spelling or Grammar" box to
permanently clear. I clear the check box, I click OK, then I go back to
Tools, Language, Set Language, and the box is highlighted (not checked, but
highlighted) again!

The language is English, US and I am only using Times New Roman.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?SGVscElzT25UaGVXYXk=?=,

I am a highly advanced Word user and I can't turn off the "Do not check
spelling or grammar" feature. I tried the following, none of them worked:
- Selected the entire document (Ctrl+A), then go to Tools Language Set
Language and clear the check box for "Do not check spelling or grammar".
(did this multiple times)
- Did a Find/Replace for the formatting (Crrl+F, more, Format, Language, etc.)
- I even pasted unformatted into a new document

Some sections still have it turned on and I can't seem to get rid of it!

Which version of Word is involved, here?

Are FIELDS involved in any of these "sections" where you're having difficulties?
If yes, what kinds of fields?

What is the language of these sections? And do they use any special fonts?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)