Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Why do fields lose their correct value when file is reopened?

I am producing a manual in Word for a client. I sent a draft in which all the
page references were correct. In the review copies I'm getting back, all the
page numbers have reverted to some value like the first number in the
sequence. This is unacceptable for something that needs to stay correct when
it's in the client's possession and I'm not there to keep it right. Can
someone tell me what causes fields to lose the value that they had at save?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN