Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default elongated double space

If I found you changing my "which"es to "that"s, I wouldn't hire you a
second time!

The "rule" that restrictive relatives must have "that" is a completely
fabricated invention.

On Sep 6, 9:00*pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
My clients trust my advice, but they don't always follow it--and drafts
often go through a dozen or more contributors. So, when I receive drafts, I
change "spacespace" into "space", change incorrect whiches to thats,
and fix other stuff they might be inclined to ignore or change back. And
THEN I turn tracking on. ;-)

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web:http://www.herbtyson.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in . ..

Thank goodness my clients trust my advice (but then I'm an editor and not
a developer).

http://word.mvps.org

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
"Cheryl Flanders" wrote in message

Yes. *Several of my clients want two spaces after periods and the
paying client has the last word.

This says it all! I have a client who insists on two spaces between
sentences too. Even if I don't agree I'm paid to do what they want.
grin

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

On Sep 3, 8:34 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Is there a reason for typing two spaces after a sentence?-