Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ardell

Default Paragraph "Outline Level" is changing to Level 1

I am using Word 2002 with styles. When I right-click and go to Paragraph,
some of the styles under "Outline Level" are changing to Level 1 where it
should stay at BodyText. However, when I go to modify the style, the
"Outline Level" is properly set to BodyText. I can press Control Q to clear
the "Level 1", but when I save the document, it reverts to Level 1 again.
This is a real problem because those paragraphs are appearing in my Table of
Contents, and also show up on my Document Map.

I've replaced my normal.dot think there was corruption, but the same thing
happens when opening the document on different computers. I've fought with
this for 2 days now. Help me if you can!!

Ardell