Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JeffP-> JeffP-> is offline

Default Template frustrations

For the page margins, use whatever anyone here suggests, but consider the
following.

Place eveything into a table, that will give you cells that you can use as
colums, adjust the internal margins and apply as few style changes. I do mean
everything even just your basic paragrah, unless you can get the layout you
want w/out doing so, basically its my way of telling word where to put
everything, I don't use tabs because these are un-reliable from system to
system. I do adjust the internal margins but not too much or characters will
appear on the screen but won't print correctly.

To control word wrapping adjust the font in your white space, painful.

I get my sentence in a cell written (copy paste from original) then I move
to the first space after the first word, press shift-right arrow, then
ctrl-right bracket, (my rule of thumb on the first pass is to go from 9pts to
6pts in the white space) then ctrl-C to copy and then ctrl-right arrow,
shift-left arrow to highlight the blank, then ctrl-V to paste the 6pt font,
then repeat ctrl-right arrow, shift-left arrow, ctrl-V.

This will compress the white space in the sentence and word wrap to match
your original, you'll find that there are times when you might reduce or
increase the white blank space font size from my rule of thumb - post a