Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 12 pt spacing before and after paragraphs by default?

If you select the default empty paragraph in Normal.dot and format it as
Body Text, then you will start in that style and, assuming you don't change
to another style, you will continue in that style. Note that Normal is the
"Style for following paragraph" of the built-in heading styles, so you'd
need to change that to Body Text.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
OK I did that--I saved it to the normal.dot template. To get the
paragraphs to be spaced like this, I have to select all my text, and then
hit the STyles and formatting icon, then click on Body Text. Then and only
then, does it come out like this. One reason I want to do this is that I
like to actually type this way, instead of do all my typing and only at
the end, change its appearance (to be 12 point spaced before and after).

My question: is there any way I can make this Body Text style be the
default style, so that I get this spacing every time I hit the enter key?
Or is modifying the normal style the only way to get this?

--
Paul
Office 2007

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you modifying the Normal style? Are you checking the box for "Add to
template"? FWIW, I wouldn't modify Normal this way because of the effect
it will have on all other styles based on Normal (not to mention other
uses of Normal, such as in labels). I would instead modify Body Text and
apply that style to the empty paragraph in Normal.dot.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
I have tried to set up a permandent 12 pt space before and after
paragraphs in Word 2003, but even after making this selection, hitting
OK, and even saving it to a template, Word always seems to go back to the
0 point space. I would like Word to always give me a space between
paragraphs, with a hard return. Is there a way to get this to happen
with every document, from a template (or just with Word's Options)?

--
Paul
Office 2007