Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Table in Word corrupt. File not usable. Please help.

For a start, note that Vista and Windows XP are not versions of Word. Do you
have the same version of Word on both systems? Also, a TOC is not a "table"
per se, so if Word is telling you a table is corrupt, then it is the other
table. Do you have the option to use Open and Repair? For general
troubleshooting of corrupt documents, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"barelyabovewater" wrote in
message ...
Hello. I have Windows Vista on a laptop and Windows XP on my desk. Both
systems have been used for a Word document I've been working on.
This Word document has a contents table and one other freestanding table.
One of them has become corrupt -- I do not know which one.
I see a discussion string about this, but the solution proposed there does
not work for me. When I open the document, I get the error message about
the
corrupt file, but the cursor doesn't work, page down doesn't work, the
down
arrow doesn't work, the links above doesn't work. The moment I click on
the
document to get a cursor, Word no longer responds (I get the not
responding
message up top), and then it just sits there. If I click again anywhere,
the
document goes gray, and all I can do is close it.
Can you help me recover this document or at least print it out?
Thank you so much for any help.