Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vbtiii vbtiii is offline

Default Page count auto update glitch

I appreciate the reply, but that didn't help. It was already set for auto
repagination. There's a couple of other sporadic glitches, so I'm starting
to think that a re-install might be warranted. This is really starting to
frustrate me. I hate glitches!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Switch to Draft view. Then click the Office button, and click Word Options.
In the Advanced category, make sure that "Enable background repagination" is
checked (you'll find it under the "General" heading).

Note that background repagination is always turned on for Print Layout view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"vbtiii" wrote:

I have the option selected to display "Page: ? of ?" in the lower left hand
corner of the window. However, this will only update if I click on the word
count. It doesn't autoupdate when I move the cursor to a different page.
This is very problematic when I'm reading a lengthy document and need to know
which page I'm on. Normally I would just click on the page to put the cursor
on that page and the page information would automatically update. But I just
upgraded to Office 2007, and this no longer works. I was using 2003. Any
ideas would be helpful. Thanks.