Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Aligning figures to bottom of page, WITH working bookmarks

Henk57 wrote:
Bob: here is a trick I use for captions with figures. Make a paragraph
for figures (eg BodyText_Fig). This allows you to select "Keep with
next" (which would be the caption) and set space for/after settings
consistently for yr document. If you set yr default inserting of
pictures to In line with text you can simply put yr cursor in the
BodyText_Fig paragraph, and select Insert/Picture/From file...

yep, that's how we all do it when working with long documents long
enough, I presume. :-)

I have a "Picture" style first thing after setting up bodytext style in
every such template I design; not only because of the Keep with Next
setting, but also because my bodytext usually has an exact line height.
_Not_ a good idea with inlineShapes ...

[..]
Trust me, I have a large book (and growing) with a 20 + page TOC, TOF,
LOT and with Appendices with different heading levels. The TOC works
impeccably since its conception.

Well, you don't have to persuade me: the professor I worked for had this
1000+ page book in two languages, updated every other year or so. He
wanted _three_ table of contents (overview, ToC, detailed ToC).

You can download the TOC as a pdf,
just in case you want to see how it looks from
www.eurebooks.eu/downloads/information

Looks nice. Funny, said professor was pretty good himself in getting
funding out of EU FP! :-)

Greetings
Robert
--