Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Aligning figures to bottom of page, WITH working bookmarks

Hi me13013,

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord,
MacExcel, and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups
These are the correct Mac Office groups to be using. Both the Office
and Word group here have a pretty high frequency of replies, I
think--none of your tries hit the active groups. But this particular
type of question is better off in this longdocs group anyhow.

In Word 2004 on my machine, inserting a footnote with the screen split
does not cause a crash. However, the split does go away when the
footnote pane opens. This is Normal View. In Page Layout, nothing odd
happens at all when I insert a footnote in split screen. You might try
the standard troubleshooting tricks, here--reproducible crashes are
usually fixable. Damaged Prefs or Normal Template are the most common
causes.
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/TroubleshootingIndex.html

hope that's useful for the future.

DM

me13013 wrote:

I asked in microsoft.public.word.mac but got no answers. Looking
there now, I see that the group is not active. Only 9 posts this year
(yet, four of those are replies; odd).

(chuckle) It did not occur to me that there are separate forum/groups
for office and word, since word is a subset of office. I see now
there is a microsoft.public.office.mac forum, though I think my
chances of getting answers there are slim too, considering the traffic
level (more posts than microsoft.public.word.mac, but much lower
freequency of replies).