After you have inserted the page number in the header/footer, press Alt+F9
to display the { PAGE } field code. Add a numeric picture switch as follows:

{ PAGE \# 00000# }

Press F9 to update the field and display the number 000001. Add the N or S
outside the PAGE field.

If the signature page is always the last page, you don't even need a section
break, just a conditional field, as follows:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "{ PAGE \# 00000# }S" "{ PAGE \# 00000# }N" }

"Danny" wrote in message
My client has a bunch of contract templates that they use and need to have
the page number in s certain format (*000001N*). The N is for a normal
contract page. The signature page will need to be suffixed with a S
(*000003S*). The problem is when they add stuff to a page the signature

page
sometimes gets off set. I need to find a way to do a customer number that
has leading zeros. I can use sections to use the N or S on the doc but I
need to find a way to add a custom format so I can start the page number

at
000000. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!