Diva Mom

Thank You Cyber Taz! This helps allot. (wipes the sweat off her brow)

Unfortunately, not all of the punctuation marks for the letters will work
using this method. For example, I cannot use this method to accent 'i' or
'u'.

I guess I was looking for an easy way to just type normally and the
keyboard/computer would add the accent the letter with a simple click of the
shift key, or something similar.

Is there a way to print off a list of "Alt+0241" symbols for reference? I
don't think I can memorize them at the moment as I am currently trying to
learn Spanish... Hence the post. =)

Thank you again for your help!

Sarah

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Diva Mom-

For ñ you can type Ctrl+Shift+~, then type n or N. If you do this frequently
you might want to memorize Alt+0241 (on the Numeric Keypad). Most work in a
similar fashion.

You could also look at InsertSymbol in MS Word's menu or use the Windows
Character Map Accessory to research others.

HTH |:)

"Diva Mom" wrote:

How do you type Spanish words using Word 2003 so they show the correct
punctuation?

Example: Como (the 'o' needs to be exemplified with a small sideways dash
above)

I have enabled Language tools to utilize Spanish words in Word as well as
enabled the keyboard to recognize the language. (or at least I think I have)

Is there a special way to do this, or is this not possible?

I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but I have spent the better part of
two hours trying to figure this out.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.