You're clicking *in* the TOC. It "grays" because you've clicked in a field.
But you haven't actually selected the whole field or anything in it. If you
try the same thing in normal text, clicking between two letters, you'll find
that Format | Font has the same lack of effect. Try selecting one specific
TOC entry (by clicking to the left of it) and applying your formatting.

wrote in message
I click on the TOC, it grays, I lt click, I choose 'font' on menu.
Choose size, color, lines, etc.

Click OK

And nadda changes!

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:11:14 +0200, "Robert M. Franz"
wrote:

Well, for a start: _How_ do you "pick Font/Color" ...?

Do you apply a color to a heading and the TOC doesn't reflect that? Or
are you trying to change the entries in the TOC themselves? Through
direct formatting? Preferrably: Through the TOC-styles ("TOC 1", "TOC
2", ...)?

Greetinx
Robert

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-7, 04/22/2005
Tested on: 4/22/2005 5:54:32 PM