LongHarry LongHarry is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Leonard View Post
Check out Excludify: http://www.excludify.com

While it is not possible to exclude what’s in brackets and quotes from the word-count in Microsoft Word or Pages you can use a web tool designed to do it for you, called Excludify: http://www.excludify.com

You simply upload your .docx / .doc file or copy & paste your text into the textbox. Scroll down to see all the excluded brackets & quotes. Include the ones that are actually part of the word-count back in. Your ‘real’ word count will appear in the header.

Excludify is pretty neat, and I’ve been using it constantly to check my ‘real’ word count when I wrote my EE. I even upgraded to pro so it would remember what I wanted in-and what outside my word-count each time I came back to re-count the essay.
Oh yes, Macro can do it in few seconds, I must be having one for this. Will get back once i fetch it