Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default convert auto numbered paragraph numbers to text

To convert autonumbering (paragraph/outline numbering and LISTNUM fields) to
plain text, do the following: Make sure the active document is the one you
want to convert. Then press ALT+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. On
the View menu, click Immediate Window. In the Immediate Window, type
ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText
and press ENTER.
Note that if paragraph/outline numbering was applied with styles, it isn't
completely gone (CTRL+Q will bring it back!) unless you also clear it from
the style definitions.

The above was written for 2003, 2007 may differ slightly.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Thornton" wrote:

Now that I have finished a document that others will edit and who do NOT LIKE
auto numbering, how do I convert the auto-numbers to text? That is,
auto-number 7 to just plan 7 text in word 2007?

Thank you