Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word loses formating....

How are you applying the formatting?
Do you all have access to the same document template that this document was
created from?
Make sure that bullets and numbers are applied with bullet and number
paragraph styles.
See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

wrote:
Hi all..
A problem that's been frustrating us for months...
We are editing word documents in a team (each member updating a
document and then mailing it in email to the others)
Whenever they they send me the document, it is wholly stripped of many
formatting elements (bullets disappear through the entire document,
paragraph formatting changes) even though they only edited its text in
a few places..! We use Word 2000 (and so do they) but also tried
2003. This happens every time they change anything and send it to me.
I tried to copy the entire text of the document to notepad, paste it
in a new word document of a different template without any formatting,
re-applied all formatting manually, and then sent it to them for
editing. Came back stripped as usual.

Can the transfer between 2000 and 2003 lead to such chaos?

thanks for any advice!