Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JWA JWA is offline

Default dictionary button grayed out

In searching for the Research task pane, I went to Add-Ins and in Toolbar
Commands I found the dictionary icon I was looking for. I added that group--I
didn't find a way to add only the dictionary icon--so now I know where to go
for the dictionary. I still don't understand why the round icon that was
grayed out didn't work, but I don't need it now. Thanks for your help.

"Polaris" wrote:

The Research task pane in Word 2007 allows you to select the Encarta
Dictionary as one of the reference sources. I have added the Research command
to my Quick Access Toolbar. When clicking it the task pane opens with The
Encarta Dictionary selected.

"JWA" wrote:

I don't think so. I have a dictionary button on the taskbar, but it doesn't
work. I don't find anything like that under the research choices. The
thesaurus is there, but not the dictionary.

"Polaris" wrote:

Will the Research command work for you?

"JWA" wrote:

I've recently installed Word 2007 and among other buttons, placed the
dictionary button on the taskbar; however, it's grayed out. I use the
dictionary frequently. How can I get it to work?