Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
unclealfie unclealfie is offline

Default who do lists in word not keep indents consistent?

In a numbered list, I keep encountering random changes in indent settings
part of the way through a document. For example, if I have a) as the fifth
level set with indents at 2.0 and 2.25 at the outset, for no apparent reason,
in the middle of the document, word will suddenly start indenting level a) at
2.5 and 2.75.
I've spend hours fiddling with this, to no avail. It really destroys the
format of an outlined list when the same level is indented at random points
throughout the document.