Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bod Bod is offline

Default Auto correct " o = ö / ' a = á

You are indeed learned, oh great one.
I changed it back from US International to US, and hey presto.
I had been trying to overcome language defaulting to US in Word, but that
was actually more to do with styles.
Thank you.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Do you have the correct keyboard layout specified in Control Panel?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bod" wrote:

When I type ' or ", the symbol doesn't appear until I type something else.
If I type " and then move to another place in the sentence and hit another
key, the " appears where I've moved to.
" o turns into ö / ' a = á
Typing " [space] doesn't give the space, only the symbol.
Auto-correct doesn't have any entries starting with ' or ". I've disabled
smart quotes, but it still happens with plain quotes.
This happens in (Office 12 2007) Word, Excel, Outlook email messages and
Firefox.