Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default Quotes not appearing with single key press

Hi John,

Your keyboard layout is set to US International.
Control Panel | Regional and Language Settings | tab Languages | Details...
Add another keyboard layout (probably US) definition and delete the one with
US International.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"John Slaughter" wrote:

All of a sudden quotes do not work with a single key press. They only appear
after I press another key. If I press the quote key twice, I get a double
quote. This happens in Notepad as well as Word. I assume other applications
may also be affected.

How do I get this back so the quote (single and double) appear when I press
the key?