Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2007 mail merge goes to desktop when Outlook contacts cho

A quick experiment here suggests that these fields still work OK when
getting information from an Outlook Contact list. Some possibilities:
a. Support may only be avaliable for certain types of address book. (For
example, the PAB seems to have disappeared in OL2007)
b. could the upgrade have changed some other aspect of your address book
that your code relies on, e.g. changed the "Show names by" from "First Last"
to "File As" (the sort of stuff you can change in your Outlook Profile"

Other than that, nothing else springs to mind right now. But can you tell
a. whether your GetAddress calls are getting data for the right people
b. whether /any/ of the "PR_" names work?

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
I am having a similar problem. Fields like PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS and
PR_STREET_ADDRESS
do not exist anymore in Outlook 2007. Running my code on a machine with
Outlook 2003 works
fine, but on Outlook 2007 (using same exchange server) does not
retrieve the fields mentioned above.

I am using the Application.GetAddress function of Word VBA. This also
can be verified with OutlookSpy
(http://www.dimastr.com/outspy/).

Has anyone found a solution for this? Is the GetAddress function
depreciated with Word 2007?

Any help is very appreciated.

best regards,
anders.