Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lew Yedwab Lew Yedwab is offline

Default Supressing automatic updating of date in Footer

I'm making grammatical and cosmetic fixes to a Word 2007 doc created by an
engineer. He inserted a date field in the Footer, and for the life of me, I
can't get the *&%$#$#@%$ thing to stop updating. I've tried editing the date
field, using one of the "Available Formats" offered by the "Date & Time"
button on the Design Ribbon.

Every time I close and save the document, or heaven forbid, try to save it
as a PDF, it cheerfully, helpfully updates to the full date ("June 10,
2009"). I just want it to say "June 2009".
--
Lew Yedwab
Technical Writer