Carol

Ok, let's take it from the top here.

In word, click on Tools and Customize.

Click on the Commands Tab

On the left hand side, highlight Insert

On the right hand side, scroll down until you see the Address book.

Place your cusror on the address book and click and drag it up to your
toolbar in Word and drop it there.

You can do this! I have faith in you. Let me know how you make out.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

Ugh. I can't get this. I went to "Tools", Customize on WORD I opened word
and I get the following:

a "Toolbars" tab, a Command tab and an "options" tab. I don't see anything
the

So, I open Outlook and Tools and customize and i get the same tabs and all
that is to the right of each (in both) are "new" and "reset" . I don't see
'insert" anywhere. and thus...

I'm s h t u c k. :-) Thanks for tryin...I'm quite the novice here...

"Carol" wrote:

Hi Dad:

Glad that solution worked for you! To put the Outlook address book on your
toolbar, do this:

Tools | Customize | on the right-hand side highlight Insert and on the
left-hand side scroll down until you see the address book, then drag it up to
your toolbar. It's as simple as that! Glad I could help you out.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

Ok. THANKS! Now, about that "Outlook address bar", how do I add this to the
word toolbar? Thanks Carol

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.