Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul

Default How do I calculate square roots in a Word 2000 table?

The Carat symbol is suposed to be used for roots and powers and using it to
get squares is not a problem 9^2 = 81 but what is the format for square root?
I am using Wood 2000 and I am taking input from one table and using it to
calculate values for a printed table. I was having little difficulty until I
tried to produce the square root of a number fo a calculation. I have tried
the help, the assistant and looked through all of the help in "Tables" and
"Programming" for Word here. I can't believe that this can be so difficult. I
am sure that I am overlooking something relatively easy because it is listed
in the mathmatical and relational operators but there is no description of
the syntax for its use.