Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default How do I print several rows on one merge document

If you have field StudentID in the list of fields in your mail merge data
source and you want to store it in a bookmark called myID, use

{ SET myID { MERGEFIELD StudentID } }

where the fields are nested, i.e. both pairs of {} are the special field
codes you can insert using ctrl-F9

If you need to set an initial value at the stqart of the merge, you can use
something like

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = 1 "{ SET myID "" }" "" }

Peter Jamieson
"cbictech" wrote in message
I desire to put together a mail merge that lists all the classes a student
takes. The classes are produced from an Access Query and each row
consists
of a single class. The list will ultimately be emailed to their advisor
(which is why I'm not using an Access report). I am using "Next Record
If"
to get the list of classes. It works if I hard code a Bookmark with the
actual student ID. But I can't figure out how to set the variable from the
database.